Scranton Craftsmen - Scranton Craftsman stole my money and failed to deliver custom handrails

Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania 53 comments

Scranton Craftsman took several thousand dollars for a job six months ago and refuse to deliver a finished set of custom interior handrails.

Mark Kozik of Scranton Craftsman is a world class liar and cheat. His staff consisting of Robert Glynn and Robert Downing are also skilled bull$hitter$ and liars.

Each time we contact Scranton Crapsman for an update we receive a new pack of lies as to why our order is not completed. Lost contracts, Fired employees, special parts. You name it and we have heard it.

DO NOT TRUST THIS PACK OF THEIVES!

Scranton Craftsman

930 Dunmore Street

Throop, PA 18512-1114

(570) 347-5125

Review about: Custom Rod Iron Railings.

Comments

The owner of this company should be looked at closer on how they treat the people who work for them .

No over time pay to its drivers !!!

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #801829

They stuck it to me hard!

In regards to the comment below: We strive to ensure that all of our customers are satisfied and happy.We encourage you to contact us directly so that we can work with you to rectify the situation.

Posting anonymously does not allow us to work with you and make the situation better.

We have not received any phone calls in regards to this issue and would be more than happy to discuss a solution.Please call us directly at 570-347-5125.

If you would like to get shorted concrete order a truck from Scranton Craftsman.They will tell you that your depths are wrong when really their drivers are selling it for extra $.

They say they try to make their customer's happy but only if your wallet is big enough to repay for items you already paid for.

Never order from these crooks.You will never receive what you pay for!!!

Old Forge, Pennsylvania, United States #665521

We have responded to the below issue once before.This same complaint has been posted several times.

We were under the understanding that this issue had been resolved. We acknowledge that we did indeed quote an hourly charge and estimated time, however, due to the hardness of the rock, we exceeded that estimate, as this could not have been known before hand. Additionally, this customer also received a free driveway due to the fact that we installed a finished coat for them when all they had ordered was the base coat. As always, we do our best to ensure that every job ends with a customer’s satisfaction.

If you are under the assumption that there are unresolved issues with your driveway, please call us directly at 1-800-775-1479 as we cannot resolve anything via these posts.If you choose not to reach out to us privately, we will assume that the issue is resolved and that you are happy with the finished product.

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #664966

I must honestly say that my husband and I have caught Mark Kosic straight face lying and called him out on it!First he wanted us to pay for a hydrohammer at a certain $$.

Then when we got the bill it was several hundred dollars more!! Then Mark Kosic decided that he was going to deliver the stone for my driveway and give us something that was more expensive and my husband and I did not agree to. Nor did we sign any paperwork stating that we wanted the stone. Mark Kosic had the nerve to call my husband and ask for his employees compensation and the extra $$ for the stone.

He was told to remove the stone and that we will not pay for his employees mistakes. I can't believe this dude had the balls to even call us! He is a scam artist!!

Watch Mark Kosic like a hawk people!!I wouldn't trust this guy to take my dog for a walk!!

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #650007

In regards to the comment below.We would like to speak with you about your steps and work with you to rectify the situation.

When you post as anonymous, it makes it impossible for us to reach out.Please contact us at 1-800-775-1479 so that we can speak with you.

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #649823

Mark Kosic and Robert Downing recently made a large withdrawal from the First National Community Bank of Lies! Kosic has a large account. The steps look like $hit and now I'm stuck.

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #632504

We would also like to state that in reference to the below mentioned Lawsuit, consider the source of the person who sued us. Mr.Bob Bolus has been Federally indicted on charges. We ask that you Google his name and then consider the credibility of his lawsuit.

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #631568

Scranton Craftsmen has been in business for over 56 years.We strive to make all of our customers happy and we take pride in our work and in doing the right thing for our customers.

In reference to the lawsuit mentioned below, there were six people in all included in this suit. After reviewing the case, the judge threw the case out.

Scranton Craftsmen maintains that the facts stated below are incorrect and false.We are more than happy to address any questions or concerns and can always be reached at 1-800-775-1479 or via email at sales@scrantoncraftsmen.com.

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #628747

The lawsuit claims the defendants caused a break in a waterline when a Scranton Craftsmen cement mixer drove over a water line at neighbor Todd Hartman's home. The truck sank into the ground and had to be removed by a tow truck.

The break allegedly caused water to flow into Mr. Bolus' home and cause damage, according to the lawsuit, filed Nov. 2 in Lackawanna County Court.

The lawsuit lists as defendants Scranton Craftsmen Inc, Professional liar Mark Kosic.

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #625106

Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathy Kane should investigate Scranton Craftsman for shoddy work, bad business practices and demanding payment for incomplete work.

to AG investigate scranton ***sm Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #625167

We are sorry that you feel this way. We would like to speak with you further regarding your issue. Please contact us at 1-800-775-1479 or email us at sales@scrantoncraftsmen.com so that we can address your post and work with you to remedy the situation.

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #622443

Unfortunately, when people post negative reviews as "anonymous" we are unable to handle the matter in the most effective way.We have received no phone calls, emails or any form of communication in regard to any of the below postings,which leads us to believe that whoever is posting them is doing so only to attempt to ruin the reputation of our company.

We pride ourselves in always putting our customers first and always take every possible step to ensure that our customers are happy.

We would like the opportunity to speak with the person posting the reviews below, but without them reaching out to us or supplying a name, it leaves us with our hands tied.We can be reached toll free 1-800-775-1479

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States #622119

Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States #622117

Mark Kosic and Robert Downing are liars and simply interested in billing their customers for the maximum and doing the minimum. Low quality is very expensive. These idiots cracked my steps and refused to take responsibility.

Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States #622113

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #619917

“In response to the below negative review, we were under the understanding that this issue had been resolved.We acknowledge that we did indeed quote an hourly charge and estimated time, however, due to the hardness of the rock, we exceeded that estimate, as this could not have been known before hand.

As always, we do our best to ensure that every job ends with a customer’s satisfaction.While this issue has been resolved, we will be reaching out to this customer to discuss this issue privately.”

Moosic, Pennsylvania, United States #615089

I must honestly say that my husband and I have caught Mark Kosic and Robert Downing straight face lying and called them out on it!First they wanted us to pay for a hydrohammer at a certain $$.

Dunmore, Pennsylvania, United States #614022

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #613053

We would like to respond to the below complaint by saying that we at Scranton Craftsmen do everything in our power to ensure that our customers are always happy.We were willing to do whatever was necessary to ensure that this customer was satisfied, including losing money on our end.

Unfortunately, sometimes, certain people cannot be satisfied. We had exhausted all efforts to get this issue resolved. We did not want the matter to escalate to the level of litigation and we offered every possible solution to make sure that did not happen. Unfortunately, our efforts were to no avail.

As of 08/24/2012, this matter was resolved in civil court with a ruling in Scranton Craftsmen’s favor, as the judge recognized that we had done everything possible to make this situation right. We value all of our customers and we take great pride in our workmanship. We are always here to answer any questions you may have and to assist you in your home improvements.

Scranton Craftsmen Inc.can be reached toll free at 1-800-775-1479.

Thanks for the low quality work boys. I can't believe I paid for this ***. Bob lies and Mark swears by it!

Do Not buy from Scranton Craftsmen!

We purchased a railing from this unsavory operator and received the wrong item.Mark Kosic and his sales *** Bob work well together.

They will both look you in the eye and LIE LIE LIE!

These scumbags will $crew you!Scranton Craftsmen is being investigated and you will see indictments soon!

Well I can trell you they treat there employees no better then there customers! Scumbags!!!

They broke our steps and wanted to charge full price for second-rate work. Waiting for a refund for a year. We'll have to sue.

Hey Mark Kosic, whats the proper ratio of sand to vaseline when violating your customers?

:cry

It still hurts when I sit down after Scranton Craftsman hosed me

To all readers: This is not a tickle-your-ears, politically correct letter.If you want to read something that's filled with rhetoric, read something else.

If you want the truth, then read this.SCRANTON CRAFTSMAN $CREWED ME AND THEY WILL STICK IT TO YOU!

Kosic family lies and cheats customers to maintain lavish lifestyle

Bob the new steps look like $hit

Are all these comments from the same person??

This appears to be just ONE angry person's comment.....not a good representation of this company's intergrity. ONE PERSON? And a mad one, too.....perhaps just resolving whatever issues you guys have and leave the blank space for the other reviews.

When you sign a contract with Scranton Crapsman and give a deposit you have just entered into an agreement that Mark Kosic likes to call "Just the tip". He will slowely $crew you out of your hard earned money and grin the entire time.

If Scranton Craftsman is going to talk about higher standards then they need to live by those higher standard and STOP allowing Mark Kosic from lies, lies and more lies.

Ever get the idea that you've been played for a fool, that you are nothing but a mark for *** artists like Scranton Craftsman? Well, that's why I need to tell you that it's about time the public realized that they are being hornswoggled by Scranton Craftsman

I could write a very angry letter right now about Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter, but I decided instead merely to express some constructive criticism. To begin at the beginning, purists may object to my failure to present specific examples of Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter's bitter jeremiads. Fortunately, I do have an explanation for this omission. The explanation demands an understanding of how if it were up to Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter, schoolchildren would be taught reading, 'riting, and lying.. Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter's expostulations are indelicate. They're unnecessary. They're counterproductive. Whenever I encounter them I think that retarding the free and natural economic development of various countries' indigenous population is a mug's game. The only reason it does things like that is because it looks down upon the rest of us. From Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter's perspective, we are blind so it must tell us what to see; we are deaf so it must tell us what to hear; and we are mute so it must tell us what to say. Such views may fool the most shabby individuals I've ever seen, but I claim that Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter says it is within its legal right to equip lazy hermits with flame throwers, hand grenades, and heat-seeking missiles. Whether or not it indeed has such a right, when I was growing up, we were taught that one should always try to provide light, information, and knowledge about Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter's overbearing crusades. Nowadays, it seems that more and more kids are being taught that going through the motions of working is the same as working. You can thank Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter for this illiberal pedagogical viewpoint, especially given that it maintains that it's inflexibly honest, thoroughly patriotic, and eminently solicitous to promote, in all proper ways, the public good. This is complete—or at least, incomplete—baloney. For instance, Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter fails to mention that some of us have an opportunity to come in contact with the worst classes of domineering vermin there are on a regular basis at work or in school. We, therefore, may be able to gain some insight into the way they think, into their values; we may be able to understand why they want to trample over the very freedoms and rights that Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter claims to support.

Look, people tell me that Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter has lost all sense of compassion, understanding, and humanity. And the people who tell me this are correct, of course. In the end, the most telling thing is that Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter used to be a major proponent of heathenism. Nowadays, it's putting all of its support behind lexiphanicism. As they say, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I thrive on debates, statistics, and getting the facts right. And the facts in this case clearly indicate that we must do away with the misconception that without Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter's superior guidance, we will go nowhere. That much is crystal clear. But did you know that dichotomous thinking has stymied Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter's ability to reach solutions? That's why I'm telling you that if the only way to exert a positive influence on the type of world that people will live in a thousand years from now is for me to get torn apart by wild dogs, then so be it. It would undeniably be worth it because it keeps saying that it can make all of our problems go away merely by sprinkling some sort of magic, pink, pixie dust over everything that it considers prissy or antihumanist. For some reason, Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter's hatchet men actually believe this nonsense. Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter is eminently predatory. That is why, come what may, we must take away as many of Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman Chief Liar and Bull$hitter's opportunities for mischief as possible.

Scranton Craftsman and worldclass liar Mark Kosic has made it known that it fully intends to push all of us to the brink of insanity.If those words don't scare you, nothing will.

If they are not a clear warning, I don't know what could be.

Lets keep it simple.Give Scranton Craftsman and worldclass liar Mark Kosic your money and get hosed.

Most of you reading this letter have your hearts in the right place.Now follow your hearts with actions.

Call another company for your needs.Scranton Craftsman will take your money !

Over the past few weeks, I've learned to look past Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic's grotesque, inimical notions. I've learned to look past some of the grungy things Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic has said. I've even learned to look past its attempts to unleash carnage and barbarity. But I cannot stay silent about Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic's incomprehensible and unforgivable audacity regarding a specific event that recently occurred. As a preliminary, I want to act honorably.

The tone of Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic's taradiddles is so far removed from reality I find myself questioning what color the sky must be in Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic's world. To deny that Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic and its toadies are the apocalyptic riders of world annihilation is temperamental nonsense and political irresponsibility. It is nonsense because Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic raises an enormous hullabaloo and tries to drown me out every time I state in public that it is capable of a large array of negative feelings. And it is irresponsible because it keeps missing my point. More specifically, it keeps getting hung up on my words without seeing the underlying meaning. For example, when I say that you don't know how tempted I am to sue the stuffing out of Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic, Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic seems incapable of realizing that what I'm really getting at is that its latest diatribe is Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic-style lunacy at its very finest. Every despicable word of that diatribe paints a perfect picture of Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic's hysteria and reveals that just the other day, some of Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic's scabrous jackals forced a prospectus into my hands as I walked past. The prospectus described Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic's blueprint for a world in which repulsive warlords are free to substitute pap for art. As I dropped the prospectus onto an overflowing wastebasket I reflected upon the way that as our society continues to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are the classes of people Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic preys upon.

With an enormous expenditure of words, unclear in content and incomprehensible as to meaning, Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic frequently stammers an endless hodgepodge of phrases purportedly as witty as in reality they are self-righteous. Only rude, unregenerate goofballs can feel at home in this maze of reasoning and cull an "inner experience" from this dung heap of lamebrained communism. The salient point here is that it will not be easy to build a true community of spirit and purpose based on mutual respect and caring. Nevertheless, we must attempt to do exactly that for the overriding reason that it has a strategy. Its strategy is to carry our once-proud nation deeper into savagery and depravity. Wherever you encounter that strategy, you are dealing with Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic. Unfortunately, I can already see the response to this letter. Someone, possibly Scranton Craftsman & Mark Kosic itself or one of its grunts, will write a malevolent piece about how utterly satanic I am. If that's the case, then so be it. What I just wrote sorely needed to be written.

Simply put.Promises made and promises broken.

Sleazy Scranton Craftsman wasted no time cashing my check but never installed my railing.I called the AG of Pennsylvania.

simply put.Promises made.

Promises broken.DO NOT USE THIS SLEAZBALL COMPANY

I have nothing but great things to say about Scranton Craftsmen. Not only did they deliver my steps and rail when they said they were going to, but I gave them my budget and they were wonderful in offering me many options to stay within my means. Everything still looks great years later.

I HAD RAIL PUT IN AT MY HOUSE BY SCRANTON CRAFTSMEN AND EVERYBODY LOVES IT.

I don't know if Scranton Craftsman is consciously and purposely evil or merely anti-consumer. I do know, however, that Mark Kosic runs his business like a harebrained loan shark or a bookie. The only problem is he only collects and never pays.

Although the space allotted here can't possibly suffice to elaborate in detail on the long list of Scranton Craftsman's stentorian apothegms—including the twisted, the unholy, the batty, and especially the antihumanist—I'll use what little space I have to shed light on some of the ignorant prejudices that reside within Scranton Craftsman's pea-sized brain.As a preliminary, I want to protect the interests of the general public against the greed and unreason of obdurate bums.

Although this has been overlooked or ignored by the established scientific community, idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why Scranton Craftsman spends its leisure time devising ever more antisocial ways to create a climate in which it will be assumed that our achievements reflect not individual worth, talent, or skill, but special consideration. I call upon Scranton Craftsman to stop its oppression, lies, immorality, and debauchery. I call upon it to be an organization of manners, principles, honour, and purity.

In other words, if we don't remove the Scranton Craftsman threat now, it will *** us in our backside any day now.

To point out that we have been lied to, distracted, misled, and duped by Scranton Craftsman. As long as I live, I will be shouting this truth from rooftops and doing everything I can to present a clear picture of what is happening, what has happened, and what is likely to happen in the future. If I had my druthers, Scranton Craftsman would never have had the opportunity to burn its foes at the stake. As it stands, I'm no psychiatrist.

Still, from the little I know about psychiatry I can clearly say that Scranton Craftsman seems to exhibit many of the symptoms of Asperger's syndrome. I don't say that to judge but merely to put Scranton Craftsman's inane, froward statements into perspective.

Scranton Craftsman is an organizations that invents nothing, originates nothing, and improves nothing. I am merely stating that Scranton Craftsman's ideals are based on a technique I'm sure you've heard of. It's called "lying".

In closing, I ask that you swear in the holy sanctuary of your soul that you will never stop taking vengeance on Scranton Craftsman as being the fomenter of what is a universal plague throughout the civilized world.That's how I live my life, and that's how you should consider living yours.

There are many problems with Scranton Craftsman's business practices. The one that's the most blatant, and the one that I will limit my discussion to, is related to its inability to fix a simple problem.

Scranton Craftsman's idea of addressing a problem is not to fix the problem but to establish a task force, council, or commission to look into it, study it, dissect it, and finally talk it to death, but never actually handle the problem.

Do not give this company your money! You will be $crewewd.

Scranton Craftsman and Mark Kozic recently made a huge withdrawal from the First National Bank of Lies.

On a more personal note, there's a time to keep silent and a time to speak.There's a time to love and a time to hate.

There's a time for war and a time for peace. And, I warrant, there's a time to stop this insanity. Or, to put it less poetically, Mr. Kozic is addicted to the feeling of power, to the idea of controlling people.

Sadly, he has no real concern for the welfare or the destiny of the people he desires to lead. His faithfuls are too lazy to point out the glaring contradiction between his idealized view of nonrepresentationalism and reality.

They just want to sit back, fasten their mouths on the public teats, and casually forget that if we contradict Mr.Kozic, your going to get a one-way ticket to ***.

Pennsylvania AG should investigate Scranton Craftsman for shoddy work, bad business practices and demanding payment for incomplete work.

Never give Scranton Craftsman a deposit or God forbid full payment before the job is done. You will never receive the railings.

The *** that install the railings drilled the holes in the wrong place. Brand new marble and these fools wanted to repair the mess. Never trust this company.

Mark Kozik is a poor example of a business owner. He take no responsibility for his employees lack of integrity and honesty. The empty promises just keep rolling.

View more comments